Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Unexpected Turn of Events

This past week I had all of these wonderful plans to catch up on some things like cashing checks, laundry, and enjoying some time sewing by myself and with my children.  As you will see from the photos below, it did not go as planned.  These are from July 10th.
This is what is left of my parents' cars and garage.  The home was declared a total loss.

 Nice shot of their kitchen.
Here is a shot of the car and side of the home.
This last photo pretty much sums up what I did sewing related this week.  I helped salvage what I could from this room.  A few fabrics and projects made it, but most were lost. 

The firemen were so kind to my parents.  The community has been kind in offering clothing, places for family to stay, discounts at stores, offers to do manual labor.  I am so grateful to all for their kindness and support.  The biggest loss is the vehicles as the one was liability insured only.  Insurance will cover all of the home and its contents.  Of course it's a challenge and cannot replace keepsakes, but at least they will have money to rebuild.  A number of kind souls donated to a GoFundMe in my mother's name and with that money my folks hope to purchase a reliable car for the future.  The Lord blessed them both with their lives and although difficult there have been many small blessings and tender mercies.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Susan. I'm sorry to hear about your parents' loss. What a shock. Glad all the humans are safe.

    ReplyDelete